กระทู้: A Thai Men’s Guide to Choosing the Right coat
เริ่มกระทู้โดย: gigihh ที่ 12 พ.ค. 20, 23:40 น
A Thai Men’s Guide to Choosing the Right coat
It’s no surprise we aren’t familiar with wearing a coat (https://th.hm.com/men/shop-by-product/jackets-coats.html). Since Thailand is a tropical country and the weather is usually hot throughout the year, we don’t have a culture for this kind of clothes. No foreigners are going to see any person in Thailand wear it. It can be difficult at first for some of us to choose the right design before a trip to a cold country. What is meant by difficult here is that this kind of clothes isn’t sold everywhere and that even if we can find a place that sells them, they come in various styles and this can be a tough call for you. Here are a few tips on choosing the right coat.
1. If possible, it should be waterproof. This is because winter is wet. The snow will certainly moisten any of your outer clothes. Always check the label to see if the material is waterproof.
2. However, if you can’t find any waterproof design at a store near you, that’s fine. Stick to the material that’s thick enough to protect you from the coldness of the snow and is soft so you feel comfortable. Also, choose the material that goes with your style. The 3 most common materials in this case are wool, leather and cotton.
3. Choose the design that matches your personality. Examples include trenchcoat, peacoat and parka.
4. With a long or short hem? It depends on your taste. The longer its hem is, the more protective it becomes, but it can be heavier and look bulky.
5. If you’re still not sure which design suits you best, please don’t hesitate to ask a shop assistant for advice or a recommendation.
Here are some of the collections H&M have on its website:
This item is made from woven fabric consisting of polyester and cotton. It has two side pockets and one inner pocket. The cuffs have a fastener so you can adjust the level of tightness around your wrists. There’s only one color for this design. It’s beige.
Padded parka with a hood
This parka is in woven fabric consisting of polyester and cotton. It comes with a faux fur hood to keep your head warm. It has two front pockets, two handwarmer pockets above them and one inner pocket. This parka has 3 colors available: black, dark green and blue.
This design is made from a felted wool blend. It has two inner pockets and two side pockets. As for the available colors, you can choose either beige marl or black.
To better cope with the cold weather, before wearing a coat, you should wear a few layers of other clothes under it. These can be, for example, a tank top (https://th.hm.com/men/shop-by-product/t-shirts-vests/tanks.html), a jumper (https://th.hm.com/men/shop-by-product/cardigans-jumpers.html) or a bomber jacket (https://th.hm.com/men/shop-by-product/jackets-coats/bomber-jackets.html). This first layer can be a tank top and the second layer can be either a jumper or a bomber jacket. Alternatively, you can wear a jumper for the second layer and wear a bomber jacket for the third.