“depa” Supports 10 Thai Digital Startups to August 5, 2020, depa Building Ladprao
Launch Post-COVID-19 Social, Economic Revitalization Platforms
– The Digital Economy Promotion Agency (depa) has accelerated support and assistance measures under the depa Digital Startup Fund for tech startups in target industries to revitalize society and economy battered by the COVID-19 pandemic. The depa also launched an online recruitment platform that provides people with greater access to jobs and employments and digital skills development. It is expected to generate no less than 20 million baht in the economic system.Dr. Nuttapon Nimmanphatcharin, President/CEO of depa
, said Buddhipongse Punnakanta, Minister of Digital Economy and Society (MDES), assigned the depa to take part in the government effort to help improve the quality of life of Thai people and reinvigorate the Thai economy and investments to get back to stay at the level seen during the normal circumstances again af
ter it was dealt a blow by the COVID-19 pandemic. The social and economic recovery packages from the depa will be made available through the adoption of digital technologies and innovation to re-energize the overall social and economic recovery.
Therefore, the depa has been gearing up to support the development of Thai digital and tech startups with investments in six areas, comprising Agricultural Technology (AgTech), Financial Technology (FinTech), Government Service Technology (GovTech), Health Technology (HealthTech), Travel Technology (TravelTech) and Educational Technology (EdTech). They are the target digital and technological industries that provide people with greater access to online jobs and careers search platforms. At the same time, business operators and entrepreneurs are able to find out the right workers and digital personnel as well as reskilling and upskilling their workforce in order to deal with the lack of skilled workers in particular areas.
The initiative has substantially solved the unemployment problem and provided assistance to over 400,000 unemployed and furloughed people who suffered the economic fallout from the COVID-19 outbreak. Their hard skills and soft skills in particular careers have been reshaped along with the introduction of a series of essential knowledge on digitization such as coding and machine learning, including the fundamental knowledge related to smart city development. The promotion and support for the hospitality and service businesses at target destinations are also included in preparation for the new normal.
According to the depa’s seventh subcommittee meeting of 2020 to consider its promotion and support for Thai digital and tech startups under the depa Digital Startup Fund, the subcommittee approved 10 digital-driven projects from 10 companies and individuals that applied for receiving sponsorships and assistance packages from the depa to develop online platforms to drive Thailand’s digital transformation and revitalize social and economic recovery. They are as follows;
1. Online platform that aims to serve as a channel for upskilling and reskilling in order to achieve career goals and to find the right careers in the digital industry using, WE Space system developed by Edvisory Co., Ltd.
2. AUTOPAIR Sales Management platform developed by Autopair Co., Ltd.
3. FOXFOX platform developed by FoxFox Co., Ltd.
4. Abi platform created to evaluate essential skills to find out the right workers for educational institutions, companies and organizations. It is developed by Peesadech Pechnoi.
5. Quizmo platform developed by Phongphan Laosetthanant.
6. Gaming platform created to enhance learning about coding and computer science by Raksit Chutipakdeevong.
7. MANA platform, online teamwork management system developed by LFFintech Co., Ltd.
8. Container Truck Gate Automation platform developed by Verily Vision Co., Ltd.
9. Online platform to serve as central e-marketplace for agricultural products and frozen food developed by Sharif Densumite.
10. Car Rent Connected platform with performance enhanced by using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The platform is developed by Rent Connected Co., Ltd. “The depa stands ready to serve as a key mechanism to cope with problems related to social and economic difficulties in close collaboration with digital and tech startups. The depa will provide promotion and support through digital technologies and innovation in order to bring changes into Thai society. It is estimated that 10 projects that have been approved to receive support from the depa’s subcommittee will generate more than 20 million baht in the economic system” said the President/CEO of the depa.